- Hits: 1216
Town of Peterborough Departments Adjust Services to Limit Exposure To COVID-19: Public access to Town Buildings including Police and Fire Restricted Beginning March 23, 2020
The Town continues to be committed to providing a high level of services to the community and is still open and conducting business, but with adjustments. In an effort to prevent the potential spread of the Coronavirus, the following steps are being taken to protect both personnel and the public:
- Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 all Town departments will restrict public access to Town facilities. The public is asked to call when there is business to conduct with any department that cannot be conducted online. Both a phone list and a directory of online services are available via the Town website home page at www.townofpeterborough.com.
- Services that require physical access to a Town facility will be accommodated by appointment only. This includes the Police and Fire Departments, Town House, Library and Recreation facilities.
- The Library will be minimally staffed and conducting curbside drop-off and pick-up of all borrowed items and on-demand printing. Public computer use shall be by appointment only.
- The Recycling Center has made extensive temporary changes to service, which have been outlined on the Town’s website.
- The Town Clerk Office is requesting that business be conducted online and notes that the Governor has extended temporary plates issued after March 1st to now expire on April 30th.
- All non-urgent inspections (building, fire, backflow, etc.) have been postponed and will be rescheduled.
- For all Town services, if online services or phone calls do not suffice, please call to schedule appointments.
Go to the Town website for complete information, guidance and resources: www.townofpeterborough.com/covid19